The BabyWorks New Dads Skills and Support Workshop
The transition to parenthood is a big one. No-one ever prepares you for it, as much of the focus during pregnancy is on labour. Parents and friends may give you a few clues but nothing ever really readies you for the emotional rollercoaster, exhausting, overwhelming but also very exciting.
As a holistic babycare agency we wanted to highlight the importance of fatherhood. 50% of our calls are from ‘expecting’ and new fathers and as an agency committed to supporting new parents in their journey we wanted to ensure there was support in place to help nurture fathers and equip them with the right skills and advice to support their partner and more importantly enjoy their new baby. The workshop can help:
- Foster and strengthen the father / baby bond through encouragement and solid advice promoting confidence
- Help dads understand what mum is going through and how best to support her emotionally and practically (from doing a food shop to empathising with the postpartum changes her body is going through)
- Highlight the importance of hands-on involvement with baby’s routine i.e. bath time / feeding
- Educate – help fathers understand their rights at work with regards to spending time with their new baby
- Discuss – Teamwork / relationships / forming a new family dynamic (important if this is the first baby)